- Chicken Nuggets with Potato
- Recipe By: Dazefood
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 22
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: about 14 nuggets 1x
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
TIP: The chicken Nuggets with Potato recipe is egg-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and can be easily made gluten-free, so it’s a great dinner option for kids with food allergies.
DESCRIPTION To Cook Chicken Nuggets with Potato
You can double this Chicken Nuggets with Potato recipe to feed a family of 4-6. Or make this smaller batch and serve to your toddler throughout the week. Try serving these with ketchup, ranch, or marinara sauce.
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup fully cooked and cubed or mashed sweet potato
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup regular or panko style breadcrumbs, plain or Italian-flavored
- 1. Mash together the chicken, sweet potato, salt, and onion powder in a medium bowl with a potato masher.
- Form into 1-tablespoon size balls and roll in breadcrumbs. Flatten and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes at 375 F or until golden brown on the bottom and cooked through. Remove from oven, let cool for a minute or two and serve warm.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat for 6-8 minutes in the oven at 375 degrees F or for about 15-30 seconds in the microwave. (They will crisp up in the oven and be soft when reheated in the microwave.)
*To roast a medium sweet potato, wash and poke with a paring knife. (The holes will let steam escape.) Place on a foil-lined baking sheet or pan and bake for 45-60 minutes at 400 degrees F. Remove from oven, let cool, and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
*To steam a medium sweet potato, remove the skin with a vegetable peeler and dice the flesh. Place into a steamer basket in a pot filled with a few inches of water. Cover, bring water to a simmer, and cook for 6-8 minutes or until sweet potato is soft. Let cool before storing or using.
Use traditional breadcrumbs or panko-style. Panko will make the exterior a little crunchier.
Use gluten-free breadcrumbs if needed.
Plan to prepare the sweet potato ahead of time so it has a chance to cool.
You can omit the salt if making these for a baby.
HOW DO I COOK SWEET POTATO FOR THESE HOMEMADE CHICKEN NUGGETS?
For the sweet potato, which adds moisture as well as vitamin A and fiber, you can either roast ahead of time, steam cubes, or use the crock pot.
- To cook it quickly in the microwave: Simply peel, cube, and place it into a bowl covered with water. Microwave for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside.
- To roast the sweet potato: Poke the potato with a knife, place onto a foil-lined baking dish and bake for 45-60 minutes at 400 degrees F or until soft.
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin