- Grilled Salmon Fillet with Salad
- Recipe By: Dazefood
- 437 Cals 33.5 Protein 18 Carbs 26.5 Fats
- PREP TIME:15 mins
- COOK TIME:15 mins
- TOTAL TIME:30 mins
- SERVINGSCOURSE: Dinner, Lunch, Salad
- CUISINE: American
Grilled Salmon Fillet with Salad a beautiful heart-healthy salad makes salmon filets a focal point nestled atop the colorful salad with many textures.
INGREDIENTS TO COOK Grilled Salmon Fillet with Salad
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ pound wild salmon, cut into 2 fillets
- Kosher salt
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup cooked beets, 6 to 8 oz, cut into small wedges*
- 1 to 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 oz fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- use 2 Tbsp pistachios, toasted and chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbsp capers
- Preheat the oven to 450F. In a large bowl, combine 1 tbsp olive oil with the vinegar and mustard; set aside.
- Set a heavy ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat and lightly spray or coat with olive oil.
- Season the salmon on both sides with salt.
- When the oil is very hot, add the salmon (skin side down if it’s skin-on) and use your spatula to lightly press it down to help the skin sear.
- Let cook undisturbed for 1 to 2 minutes, until the skin releases easily from the pan and the edges are opaque, then flip and transfer to the oven to finish cooking 2 to 4 minutes, depending on thickness and desired doneness. Set aside.
- Add the arugula and beets to the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat; season to taste with salt.
- Sprinkle in the radishes, goat cheese, pistachios, pomegranate seeds, and capers.
- Divide onto two plates and top with the salmon and capers.
You can cook the beets by boiling or roasting. I steam-roast mine by preheating the oven to 375F and wrapping the scrubbed, unpeeled beets tightly in foil (season first with a little salt and pepper). Bake on a baking sheet for about 1 hour, or until easily pierced with a fork. When the beets are cool enough to handle, you can peel the skins right off (do this under running water to keep them from staining your hands).
Know More About The Grilled Salmon Fillet with Salad
SALMON SALAD INGREDIENTS:
This salad is loaded with so many good ingredients:
- Salmon: Cook the salmon on the stove for three to six minutes, depending on the size of the fillets.
- Arugula: Arugula has a peppery flavor, but if it’s not your favorite, you can use half arugula and half of another green, like baby spinach, or just use al spinach.
- Beets: I wrap the beets in foil and roast them in the oven for about an hour. When they’ve cooled, peel them under running water, so the beets don’t stain your hands.
- Radishes: Radishes add a nice peppery crunch.
- Goat cheese: The creamy goat cheese pairs so nicely with the beets.
- Pistachios: Pistachios give this salad an extra dose of crunchy protein.
- Pomegranates: Pomegranate seeds are such a pretty touch for a little sweetness.
- Capers: Capers add a salty, tangy flavor.
- Mustard vinaigrette: Mix Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and olive oil for the best arugula salad dressing.
SALAD VARIATIONS FOR Grilled Salmon Fillet with Salad:
- Swap arugula for shredded brussels sprouts, baby spinach, or mixed greens.
- If you’re not a fan of salmon, use tuna steaks, shrimp, or scallops instead.
- If you want to make the salad vegetarian, omit the salmon. To make it vegan, also skip the cheese.
- Sub feta for the goat cheese.
- Switch out the pistachios for sliced almonds or pecans.
- If you don’t have white wine vinegar, use red.
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin